Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sharing My Gold

Mail today, from Duryea!  This is my first wrapper redemption, so I was initially suprised when I saw the envelope.  When I saw the pack inside, I knew that my wrappers made it to PA safely, and my gold was waiting...


So here's my first question.  And actually, it's not even a question.  Just a name.  Albert Belle?!?

Hmm.  Tony Gwynn is awesome!  And... Jason Motte?

OK, after reading the back of the card, I guess that's pretty good.

and that's my fifth and final card.

For those who don't have them, and if the scan is not showing this, the card is nice to hold - feels thickish, and some of the letters on the card feel slightly raised.  Some of the long-time collectors can probably describe that better than me - perhaps they'll comment below.

Also, I am open to trade these, especially if you are a big fan of one of these guys and have a gold nugget Mets card somewhere!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to trade for or buy that Castro, however I'm sure someone out there will have a nugget Mets card for you - so by all means go for that.

    However, in lieu of anything of that sort, let me know and I'll see what I can put together around here for you.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete