Wednesday, March 14, 2012

2012 Heritage - First ever Hobby Box!


As Virgil guided Dante Alighieri through the Inferno, I am hoping to invite you along on the trip through 2012 Topps Heritage with me.  From what a couple of posters have warned me about SP's, I hope that my equating this journey to Hell doesn't prove prophetic!

Ok, that's enough English teacher-talk... 

Here's what you get when you open the box - a wrapped 1963 Advertising Panel - and I must confess, I have no idea what that is...  So I guess it's time to open it!


Well how's that for truth-in-advertising?!  It's actually 3 baseball cards-in-1!  I like those floating heads - I've read alot about them on the blogs.  I remember thinking they looked strange, outdated and odd.  But hey, this is Heritage, so that's awesome!  Let me flip it over for you...


Alright guys, probably need to head to bed - hope you enjoyed the short preview.  Tomorrow we will bust some wax!

6 comments:

  1. Have fun with the box and make sure to look for all the variations while going through them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on your break! Thus begins your trek into completing a Heritage set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's odd that Ryan Howard's stats would be on the back of that panel. I have 2 of those panels from my 2008 Heritage boxes (the last year I bought hobby instead of retail boxes). They are a pain in the butt to store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. funny that you say this... i wound up posting my blog entry a bit earlier than i wanted to because of "real life" (in the form of a crying baby!) -

      but i was going to end my post by saying, "What the heck am I going to do with this thing?!?"

      (What did you do?)

      Delete
    2. I have mine in a 500 count box laying down, which is not ideal obviously. I do know Ultra Pro makes 3 pocket sheets that would probably work for them.

      Delete
  4. Good luck getting started with this - I think that the ad panel in 1963 had Stan Musial on the back even though it wasn't him on the front.

    -Lifetimetopps

    ReplyDelete