Sunday, March 18, 2012

2012 Heritage - First Shiny Cards

Remember several days ago, when I was opening those first five packs from my Hobby Box?  Well, I finished opening those packs... this morning!  (At this rate, I will probably finish my two boxes just in time for Heritage 2013!)

Pack four seemed to be the Lincecum pack, featuring two cards with his picture on it.  And then, at the end of the pack, I found this:


I was a little worried that the scan wouldn't show the "shiny" - but now that I look at it, I think it comes out okay.  And as for the shiny being Mark Reynolds?  Kinda disappointing...  If you are a close follower of this blog (and who isn't, really?!?) you may remember that Mark Reynolds was the first card I saw when I opened Topps 2012 Series One....  Perhaps this is my Year of Reynolds.


While I was kinda depressed that THIS GUY was going to be my first shiny, I opened the next pack to find this:
I don't know if this one scans as good as it looks - but this is a different kind of shiny, I believe it is the refractor kind, and it is numbered out of x/563 (the Reynolds was x/1963).  Now THIS is the kinda player that I like to have a cool version of!


And now I can open some more packs!

No comments:

Post a Comment