Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Silk and other inserts...

At my local card shop last week, I picked up 6 packs from a hobby box, just to get a taste while I was waiting for my own hobby box to arrive in the mail.  And honestly, if I could do it all over again, I probably wouldn't have shelled out $30 at Target the moment I heard the cards were out.  But then again, I've never been known for my patience.  The impulse purchase their yielded a frustrating amount of duplicates from a hanger box, and a pretty good haul from a $20 blaster - like many have said, the more appealing manu-patch this year makes the blaster a bit more worthwhile.

Here is the best of my hobby packs, with an obvious focus on the inserts:



The Napoli silk is my lucky hit, but that Koufax insert is kinda sweet, as well.  That's a double for me of Adrian Gonzalez on the '87 mini, so I can send it to someone who needs it.  The Trout Gold Future is a card I like, as well.


My favorite here is probably the card with Nolan Ryan, although the Bench walk-off is a close second.  Someone on a blog I read earlier today correctly pointed out that Topps did a less-than-perfect job with the walk-offs they chose to celebrate, leaving out some true baseball classics.  (Kirk Gibson, Joe Carter, etc.  I haven't checked these out, but that's a pretty glaring omission, if true)

No comments:

Post a Comment