Monday, February 20, 2012

I found a dime box


After picking up the '87 mini's, I continued to stroll through the card show.  Nick told me to find a dime box, so I searched each table - but I would only find one.  And it didn't have anything old-ish; instead, it was filled with mostly new cards, including a bunch of things I didn't really recognize.

What caught my eye quickly, though, were the Gypsy Queen and Allen & Ginter cards - tons of them.  I know a lot of people that write blogs have talked about these sets, but truly I am not that familiar with them - other than the look.  And they are good looking and good "feeling" cards.

After about 15-20 minutes of searching, I decided to pick up some Mets (and of course, the Gary Carter) - 10 cards for a dollar.  I was hoping to make more of a splash in the dime box - but I will have to refine my skills, and hopefully finding a bit more variety will allow me to sharpen up next show!

In any case, I got 10 cards that I really enjoy looking at - and I think that is the spirit of the dime box, as I understand it!

1 comment:

  1. Great finds! What you said about the "spirit" of dime boxes is spot on. Nabbing cards you genuinely enjoy for only a dime each!

    Most shows I've been to have at least a few dime boxes. Hopefully there's another show near you in the future, as it seems like you had a lot of fun at this one!

    From what I've found, dime boxes are a bit of an acquired taste, so keep at it! :)

    ReplyDelete