Thursday, February 16, 2012

Rod Carew, Dale Murphy, and last summer's addiction


As I continue to take stock of my under-the-bed collection - a collection I probably haven't visited in upward of 25 years, I sometimes am confronted by something that I don't really remember collecting.  I have a vague, hazy memory of a book with stickers that I religiously applied, and these two loose stickers in a shoebox are probably a remnant of that time.  But I think that my memory is enhanced by a much more recent memory from last summer.




Did any of you guys go World Cup crazy?!?  Now, I have to admit, I am a "soccer guy" so I had more than a passing interest in the tournament prior to the first games; but truth be told, I can't think of many sporting moments in my lifetime that will rival the last-seconds goal by Landon Donovan to push the United States through into the round of 16.

I chased these Panini stickers everywhere, and because of the scarcity of ANYTHING soccer, it took some work to score them.  My best source?  A local liquor store!

Do any of you guys collect stickers?  Looking back, it seems like kind of a waste, especially since most are stuck in a book that I can no longer seem to locate.  It would seem that, if I could do it all over again, I would have preferred to have found some soccer cards instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment