Monday, February 7, 2011

Topps 2011 Series 1

Every year, when the weather makes it look as if Spring will never come, I make sure to keep my eyes open for the first baseball cards of the new year.

And just last week, spotting the first sign that the 18-inch snow-pack still alongside my driveway may someday melt, I found a pack of Topps 2011 Series 1 waiting for me.

It was good to see some the amazing photography on this year's cards - and I even had the joy of pulling my first Met, Jason Bay (he has to be better this year, right? RIGHT?!?)

I don't yet know what my collecting plan is - but I've bought a few more packs, and surveyed the amazing array of collector's blogs out there. I can't believe exactly what the simple hobby of enjoying opening a pack of cards has evolved into...

No comments:

Post a Comment