Friday, February 11, 2011

The greatest game ever MADE


Tomorrow I head to the Strat-O-Matic 50th Anniversary celebration. I'll be picking up my cards and computer game for the year, and also a copy of the "founder's edition" copy of the original game made in 1961.


I just wanted to take a moment to thank the company, and its inventor Hal Richman, for creating, maintaining and improving a game that I've played off and on for the last 30 years.
*
I can remember vividly one my by best childhood friends, in a tough moment dropping his cards, and running around my house when he was unable to find one, "I dropped my Pettis! I lost my Pettis! Have you seen my Pettis?" I truly think I will never forget that moment, nor the great (ish) centerfielder Gary Pettis.
*
To all who have played this game, you know exactly what I mean about being a kid, imagining the game - and an entire world - unfolding in front of you with a simple role of the dice.

No comments:

Post a Comment