Monday, February 2, 2015

Return!

Well, I have proven to be a most inconsistent blogger.

Actually, looking back at my past activity, that's not totally true.  It actually seems that I consistently return in late January and early February to start to wish away the end of winter by grabbing some packs of baseball cards.  Trying - I guess - to will "pitchers and catchers" into view.

Last year I tried to go with a more fiscally responsible route, purchasing a complete master set of Topps baseball.  I definitely missed the fun of ripping packs, though - and as a result, didn't post a single blog entry.

This year I aim to be different.

And my first post will mark a truly different slant to this blog - a whole new sport!

I have grown into a huge fan of NBC (and NBCSN) coverage of Premiere League soccer - never before have so many games been available - in Hi-Def - and with outstanding production and support.  As a result, I've probably watched more BPL soccer in the last two years than any other time of my life.  And this interest has bled into our local league as well, as I've tried to follow the NY/NJ Red Bulls towards a first league championship (and since I root for the Jets, Mets, Knicks and Rangers, you can pretty much bet that I am dooming this team to failure).

Of course, the quality of play in MLS is nowhere close - it perhaps is the equivalent of watching a lot of AA baseball.  But then again, I used to split a season ticket to the Trenton Thunder, so why not support this growing American soccer league?

And this brings us all the way back around to this post.  Although my collecting preferences certainly focus on baseball, I decided to kick off (haha, see what I did there?!) my 2015 card season with a relatively cheap pickup from DAC Card World - they were offering clearance prices on boxes from the 2013 and the 2014 season.

I'll post some of the results, and I hope I don't bore you too much with them.  Maybe you'll like some of what I find - and maybe I'll return to baseball with a fresh new approach.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment