Sunday, October 21, 2012

my auto - a MET!!!


Up until the last month of the 2012 season, Ed Kranepool was actually the Mets all-time hits leader in franchise history.  In the last weeks of the season, my favorite current player, David Wright, went past him.  I know Kranepool was not an all-time great - he was much more of a compiler for the Mets - and hopefully the team signs Wright to allow him to become a lifetime Met... the team has VERY few of those.  When you scan the record books, you see very few stat leaders who played their entire career for the Mets.  Strawberry, Piazza, Reyes and Beltran all appear frequently, but none will be considered lifetime Mets.  In this dark financial time for the franchise, Wright has become the sole hope for the team to finally have a true - and lasting - face of the franchise.

As I opened the last pack of my Jumbo box, this was the auto card I was promised.  For me, getting a Met really punctuated a very good experience with this product.

2 comments:

  1. I have an autographed 8x10 from Eddie, he has a great signature. Nice pull!

    ReplyDelete